Buying or selling a home is one of the bigger decisions you’ll make in life, so make sure you have the information needed to make an informed choice. Since 1996, Homecheckit has inspected over 5,000 homes in the Maryland suburbs including Columbia, Ellicott City, Silver Spring, Washington, D.C., and northern Virginia. Knowledgeable, experienced, and honest, we’re the inspection company that has your best interests at heart. Call (202) 498-9765, or schedule online now.
Why Choose Homecheckit?
Certified owner Dave “Fuzzy” Moersen brings a wide range of experience to his business. He started out majoring in building technology at Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland. His extensive construction background grew from there. Here are a few facts about Dave:
- Completed courses at Edison Career Center in bricklaying, plumbing, and electrical.
- Mentored over a year with several home inspectors in northern Virginia at Pro Inspectors Institute.
- Worked with roofers, electricians, and bricklayers.
- Restored pre-Civil War historical homes in Poolesville, MD.
- Is certified in radon, mold, and infrared testing.
- Is an expert in wood finishing.
- Holds a Maryland MHIC general contractor’s license, which is current.
- Works as a full-time home inspector.
- Has taken hundreds of hours of continuing education classes.
- Is a 15-year member of the American Society of Home Inspectors and InterNACHI.
- Provides detailed reports that buyers need to move forward. Dave emails a complete color-coded report within 15 minutes of finishing the inspection. He reviews the summary with the client and real estate agent if they are present.
The Personal Touch
With the wealth of experience and information Dave has to share, he prefers that clients are present during the home inspection. This allows potential home buyers to see firsthand the important issues that need to be addressed and allows them to ask questions.
When he’s not working at Homecheckit, Dave spends time with his family and friends. He enjoys golfing, exercising daily, his faith, and raising his chickens and horses. He resides in Woodbine, MD.Schedule Inspection